Monday, December 27, 2004

tHe DaY mY "bEsT" fRiEnd gOt mArRiEd

dear jess,

chun liang got married! on Christmas day. it's stil surreil. haha... It was so sweet tho.. a garden wedding in cyberjaya, with "waterfall" in the background! its just a surreil experience because, usually, weddings attended are people your family knows, or your relatives, but not really a good fren. i think the best part was hearing chun liang saying his vows.. its was SO sweet. im not a sucker for romance and i pity the man who would want to marry me someday, but chunliang's wedding actually gave me the feel that weddings can be nice and relaxed, without the fear of 'committing your life away' to someone else.. no turning back. Did his wedding make me reconsider my pre conceived ideas and negativity about a married life? haha... we'll see.. ill ask him what its like after a few years.

It did however make me consider and think deeply about the possibility of a continued 'best-friendness' with a guy. You know me jess, forever thinking that its possible to walk againts the tidal waves, but perhaps ive come to my realisations. Its possible if you were married, to have a guy fren as your best fren, to go out for beers or teh tariks and tell your wife so, but with a woman? Its possible to call a guy your best fren but a gal while you're married is being unfair to your wife.. because really she should be your best friend?

Dont get me wrong, im in no way complaining about my friends.. (yet :)), its just stuff you wonder when you watch your friend take that plunge.

Well, perhaps it is true that there are only certain regions i can go, and perhaps someday i'll 'marry off' all my male frens and then i'll be left to wonder once again, the boundaries of opposite gender friendships and ill probably ask myself why i didnt make good friends with more girls..

Until that day comes however, i think i'll mjust make do with my imaginary friend, Larry...

your female friend,
jess

No comments: