Tuesday, June 07, 2005

tHerEs noThinG fReE aBout fReE wiLL!!

dear jess,

pray do tell, which is worse. Knowing what you want and not being able to have it OR never knowing what you want? What happens if i come to a point in my life when it suddenly dawns on me that i know who i want to spend the rest of my life with, or where i want to live for the rest of my life and what kinda job i wanna do but i cant have any of them? what then?

Or worse yet, i go through the rest of my life never knowing what i want, who i want to be with, where i want to live or what i want to do with the rest of my earthly live.

Free will is overrated. God forgive me for such a statement. Sometimes i wish my life was dictated, and having someone have a final say over it gives me the right to blame him for making such decisions over me. Whilst at the same time not having to think so hard. And in the meanwhile, i can whine and bitch about such unfairness inflicted upon me.

Maybe sometimes iam a combination of those two. My heart knows what it wants and my head doesnt, or vice versa. So what happens when you know what you want but cant have it whilst at the same time not knowing if what you want is really what you want? Confused? Exactly.

Like they say, there's nothing free in this world.

ironically,
jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah... tension betul... but all the drama makes the journey more memorable and meaningful, no? life happens while we wait for that Eureka! moment or simply, as we wait to arrive :) Halloo Jessica!

Anonymous said...

HeYa!!!

Interesting thoughts....however, is there REALLY a difference between the two? Both involve you not living out God's will :) How fun could it be?

If you do what you want, you may not get what you need....but if you do what God wants, you're guaranteed to get both. Whaddya think babes? Does this warrant another late-nite McDonalds Centrepoint session? With Lame One and Horny One?