Thursday, February 22, 2007

whY DId THe cHicKen cRoSs thE roAD?

unassuming.

dear jess.

come friday and other days i will have to interview the unassuming journalist cum artist, and before that the young chap who just happens to be an accomplished artist dabbling in political issues. then, when im done with them i have to interview people who have been in the arts since the dawn of time, dancers, actors, directors who just happens to be great at what they do.

after goofing off with food, family and gambling, the time has come for me to officially go in to panic mode, cum scatter brain mode cum dont stress me out mode? see, im already becoming scattered brained.

you know that you've met great people; when they talk, you are in awed of them and then you know you've met not so great people when you wonder when they'll stop talking. its funny that when and if you ever become someone "great" that you can also be generous.

truth is. in my brains im telling myself they're just people and remindng me that God hasnt given me a "spirit of fear" - thats my resolution this year. but somehow as much as im trying not to think that i'll somehow screw up by asking a stupid question, spilling my coffee, not recording the interview, forgetting the questions, laughing till i snort.... perhaps im just thankful that i get to meet 'the greats.'

i know what you're thinking. that i may end this letter saying predictably that im aiming my life to be one of the greats? au contraire! being great takes energy, effort and unassuming grace- all of which i not only have, i plan not to either.

of course, no one plans to be great, it just happen's to be their "destiny."

i dont really have a point to this. perhaps ive been watching too much heroes and perhaps i too have been thinking what my destiny be, come the time. the fight for individuality to be something other than someone in a cubicle, in the midst of other cubicles, in the midst of offices, in the midst of more offices. was that their destiny?

there's one thing i know. i should be working on my ticking time bomb than writting you this letter.

ps. im still in shock that my cynical half tells me "bolsters" only exist in malaysia, well that is in comparison to the countries she's been to. *blink*

yours,
jess

No comments: