Saturday, February 03, 2007

sLeEp WaLkiNg

dear jess,

its a new year, with new beginnings. yeap, me and my cynical half have decided that our new year only begins at CNY. both our "western" years started out horrificly bad, so we've decided, its only but the end of the year now, and we're coming to new beginning really soon.

and with that, ive been dawned upon on my last year and how strangely horrible it was. no one died. in fact that was the reason why it was so horrible. it was normal. the worse of all, i had stopped dreaming. i stopped reading coehlo, yes he is essential to me dreaming; however i am essential to my dreaming. you can read but not be touched, dream but not be moved, act but never be elated. and worse of all live, but not be alive.

that has been me. ive been that simply because i didnt know anymore, and didnt want too anymore, and honestly, simply because it seemed easier.

this year, i want to dream. i lost my spirit when i wasnt and i hope i find it back. some of my dreams may never come true but if i stop, some of my living will never be.

its time to stop being the baker.

"The old man pointed to a baker standing in his shop window at one corner of the plaza. "when he was a child, that man wanted to travel, too. But he decided first to buy his bakery and put some money aside, When he's an old man, he's going to spend a month in Africa. he never realized that people are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of."
The Alchemist, Coehlo

yours going to sleep every minute of the day,
jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed - totally. wholeheartedly.

:) CCF