Sunday, August 07, 2005

ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts..

dear jess,

i love being there, i think ive mentioned it before. i cant, for the life of me explain it. i love, absolutely enjoy going to the airport. Maybe its the structure, the wide space, the multucultural atmosphere. Frankly, i dont care to evaluate my odd love for this place. And since i cant explain it, i guess no one will be able to understand it.

Sending my cousins there in less than 7 hours in the wee hours of morning for their im sure to be fun filled redang trip which i chose to not go, and will, im sure much regret later on. i just was brought back to remininsce a one single person ive sent off.

We've known each other for 9 years now, and since he's been away in the states the last 8 months for the rest of his life, i suddenly miss him. i dont think ill ever meet anyone quite like the guy who played drums as cool as ice, but looked totally like a geek (haha). He would patiently meet my every 'hey lets go shopping' needs and send me here and there and put up with my extreme hyperness.

The day he left, he was doing his rounds of wishing when he whispers, you wan me to hug you last? And his romantic story of telling someone how much he loved her when she was on a plane, boarding. Maybe thats it - airports. When people leave, part go away- forever, suddenly everyone becomes honest, they have this miraculous courage to say i love you or i need you in my life.

He 'was'; solely cos his away, my best friend and confidant. I saw someone else today. And it reminded me instead of the opposite. I felt the need for a friendship to die, or a death of one i couldnt stop. Whilst i wanted to run and tell this person the nitty gritty of my life i was held back.

Everyone leaves one day. Someone once told me, when we get hook, we go on in life with this notion that we'll never be lonely again. Then people forget that people die. People leave. Everything comes to an end. The inevitable surpassing of life doesnt make me a cynical person, it just makes me a realist. Maybe i'll mourn a dying relationship, or maybe ill just throw my hands high in the air and learn to get use to it.

Who knows.

"Of all men's miseries, the bitterest is this: to know so much and have control over nothing. "
-Herodotus

still excited about driving to the airport..
jess

See also :

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does that mean you're driving me to the airport the next time i'm back? hehe.

babes one day next year you and i will go to the airport and we'll fly away into the unknown.

And leave ppl sobbing over our departure.

LOL. *hugs*

jess said...

definitely babe! yeah we so shall, gosh you give me reason to live!! :) *HUGGGGSSSS*