Tuesday, January 17, 2006

tHe daWn oF a NeW dAY?

dear jess,

We live in a society waiting to suck. The old lady with brown hair as shiny as her pride lives next to the house we intended to put a kindergarten in. Unfortunately, we needed her signature.

She, in her aunty like pee-jays smile’s at you and tell you with dripping level of cynicism that supercedes… me? “I wont sign anything. After all there is no one nice in the world.”

It felt like the world stopped. I could feel the chill run up my spine, im not kidding. The thespian has found her guru. And she reaches a level beyond my comprehension, confusing you with the friendliest smile, and intonation that neither reflects hate nor sarcasm but as bone chilling as when ning baizura hits the high notes.

Indeed. Someone would look into my semi innocent eyes and say that’s the world, which I choose to defy is the truth. The world isn’t made out of a bunch of crotchety people who think that everyone is out to get everything out of them. The world still has some nice-ness left in it, even if it’s harder and harder to see everyday.

Im surprised. Im surprised tat it still surprises me when someone is nasty, rude, or just plain out right.. (bites hand from using profanity) ..mean

Another chill down my spine. Do I miss-I-cant-stand-anyone-anywhere-anytime, expect more from the world? Where’s my skepticism and cynicism in an air tight jar ?

Someone told me that in a country I refuse to admit is better than mine, people are appreciated for the work they do in a way that amazes me. Employers ensure that you don’t feel exploited even if it’s a volunteer job!

Scoff at that ever happening here. Ah, so looks like the skepticism and cynicism is on the right hand side of the fridge where I left it.

Welcome to the real world? That’s just a term idiots use to justify their unacceptable, ignorant selfish behaviour.

What can I say? The world is definitely better off without a whole lot of people in it. But then we wouldn’t have people to grow crops, run businesses and make movies. Yes, then we wouldn’t have people to tell us what to do, what to eat and what to wear. Now perhaps that is the real world.

As ma’ hommies would say “where is da love?” ;)
jess

No comments: