Thursday, January 05, 2006

moRe jeSs-iSm's?

dear jess,

At some point of my insanity, approximately now, I can claim that I should be above and beyond the 19 century philosophers in the lights of Jean Paul Sartre and Kegaard.

Existentialism gives the notion that existence precedes essence, which means we exist, then we determine our life’s path, and decisions, even when we decide to not decide..

Now, this is where my attempts at philosophy start. In existentialism I’m suppose to be responsible for whatever result my choices are. In jessexistentialism, the choices I make within my control should have the outcome I want with the emotions that I am in control wit.

Therefore, I get to choose how I feel and be in control of my choices and results. See, existentialism can’t be right if control would mean that there are external factors that I cant predict but in jessexistentialism there is.

For example, choosing to steal the chocolate bar should mean that im aware i should be in control of not feeling guilty later because i know what i was doing and dating the wrong guy should mean i musnt regret it later or be affected and working in a dead end job should mean i musnt let myself feel like im being cheated or used or go into a self pity trip because i chose that path, and im choosing the outcome, which must lead me to not feel negative emotions..

For the simple minded I suppose I’m just a control freak. For the philosophical minded I suppose I’m just crazy. For those who subscribe to jessexistentialism, email me.

In your face Sartre,
jess

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's the anal part of me coming out with something not totally related to your post - but did you mean kierkegaard?

jess said...

on the contrary it would be me who sounds anal, and yes its soren kierkegaard.. apologies

mei said...

eheheh...i was abt to ask d same question abt kirkegaard. followed by "isn't satre 20th century?". yes u can start hating me now.

Anonymous said...

Eerrrrr....WHO are these PEOPLE?

Sorry I'm such a phillistine! EHeHhEHEe....

Jess you should publish book ler...like whatzerface, that Bridget Jones person....

jess said...

yes he is. but existentialism isnt... any other questions??? man.. you smart types need to be accurate about EVERYTHING isnt it? *bleah*