Saturday, October 15, 2005

tHe gRuB of tHaiLand

dear jess,

im amazed at the amount of food pics i have (there will be a part two) considering i skipped so many meals, because my cynical half and i was so busy walking and doing, and on my second half of my trip, it didnt help that we did the same either.. literally had to makan angin.

whats the best thing i liked in terms of food? oddly enough, the fruit shakes, thai's can be so healthy and on my soi (street), theres a stall that opens every night and blends a whole, half, or mixed fruit shakes or juice for only RM2-3. they put on a whole mango, ice and thats it! no sugar. im so sad that i discovered this little store in front of 7-eleven ( if youve been to thailand, there are two things that should never be used as a landmark, the 7-e and tatto parlours, theres one everywhere!) too late, i would've drank one every night otherwise..


On my last night i had my long awaited fresh avacado shake, and got to talking to an american and an israelite, about countries, religion, books, work, travels, and all in that short time. Plus the american and israelite decides to drink my avacado.. this goes beyond the 'bond' of travellers, but what the heck i probably had more germs to give them than they me..

fruit deprived,
jess

No comments: