Wednesday, May 18, 2005

iN a GaLaXy fAr FaR FaRRRRRRRR awAY

dear jess,

geeek alert coming up. i watched star wars premier yesterday, after my beloved (must lar now..) danny offered me and kit free tix. Just the week before i heard the church guys chatting about their much anticipated show that they will watch tonight and here i was thinking, wow, luck must be on my side, a handful of guys i know would kill me to watch it a day before everyone else.

there's always something that gets me when the music comes on and the words begin to roll on the screen, the classic memories of episodes 4,5 and 6 comes back again. Anyways, after free pop corn, coke and the movie, i found myself grabbing for a free poster! sigh the things i do, i got the last copy of the 'nice' poster that wasnt torn.

So here's the thing, i know a friend who loves star wars more than me. And whilst im not referring to a best friend who made me watch episode one 3 times in the cinema.. i started to ask myself. Do i really want the poster because i know i have something that is of value to someone else, which as i speak the poster has just seconds ago fallen off from my door.. stupid blu tag. Or do i really want it, because i liked it too?

Sigh, i have an odd guilt conscience and i couldnt live with the fact that i knew i would have something i know someone else would love more than me, but at the same time i realised i didnt want to give mine up either.. so what did i do?

On my way out, i saw a bunch of posters, but they werent being given out.. so i drove past, and when the other cinemas were out, i pushed my friend next to to me out of the car to go get another one! She was kinda rejected the first time, so she asked again, this time to someone else.
So there it goes, i have two now, and im giving one away. So if anyone wants the 'perfect' untorn huge nice poster of Star Wars episode 3.. u can go fly a kite.. or of course you can watch it at tgv, which apparently is giving out posters for every ticket you buy. Darn all this and probably the dude im giving the poster would watch the show at tgv just to get it.

All this for something that will land in my rubbish bin in a few years time. Sigh, oh well, I shall go bask in the satisfaction that i got to watch it first before alot of hard core fans. im so full of myself.. lovely.

yours,
jess

1 comment:

cheeyokelo said...

well dear i'm not a hardcore fan and really...i think the best is still ep4-6...not these...should have done the future instead...and please make sure that next time got free tix...CALL ME INSTEAD of that lousy cunning scheming obnoxious pathetic snobbish self absorbed lower than scum mentally challenged KIT(wah...pretty good ya?!)hehe