Sunday, November 06, 2005

conFesSiOns oF a sEriAL boReDom-Er

“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other”
Douglas Everett

dear jess,

I sit here at 12.32 am in the morning, sipping a three in one that insults hardcore coffee drinkers but meets my every desperate need to stay alive. My mind flashes back, as that’s where it seems its only capable of going and I think about the words “sliding away boring” that a friend so aptly describes his life, and he lives in a country where renaissance was born.

It goes further back again, now im convinced my mind only has a reverse gear, to the time when I met the most “colourful” people on earth. We all had one goal, more or less. To make life as abnormal as possible.

One would put up plays no matter how rotten and spend his every last penny on, and the other would throw out caution to the wind and travel the world, and work only when he had too. He, my idol for now, has recently walked the Camino de Santiago! A man who travels alone and rejects the normality of a day job, not living up his sonly duties is probably looked down on, but he has all my respect.

12.37 am.

I can hear the clock ticking in my head like a time bomb.

12.39 am.

Suddenly i discover the 1st gear, then the fourth. And so what if i do accomplish this madness? That one day i will go and never return, that one day i too will walk the Camino, see Andalucia, and maybe even the Renaissance period, the Mongolians, the groups of people no one has heard, and just about everything my mind and heart isnt even capable of containing!

12.40 am

Does the cycle of madness and continuous fix of adrenaline end? Will normality suddenly return when im done with wherever and suddenly discover that i shall settle down on a forsaken island and work, what else but a 9-5 job, maybe selling mango shakes and cappucino's?

12.44 am. future. on forsaken island. tanned beyond recognition.

Sitting down sipping cappucino, Mind goes into reverse gear thinking of the time i walked the Camino and met the Mongolians. Grow old and become one of those women who bore the grandkids with travel stories. Tell them where i grew up only to have them look back at me blank. Sit on the rocking chair and think..

My life is sliding away boring.

12.47 am
picks up cappucino. flashes back to home. Wonder what they've done with the house i use to live in.

yours in need of a fix,
jess

No comments: