Saturday, February 11, 2006

eNgLish LesSoN #101

we interrupt the flow of the letter writting to bring you a collection of words, terms that are inconsistent with the english language, unique and fun. may or may not be included in future letters... remember you heard it here first :)

-dictionary of jessense (jessica's nonsense)-

look left syndrome

generously contributed by a certain serani boy.

1.
a. to employ ones sight in the given direction.
b. to search

2.
a a phrase to describe a temporary syndrome suffered by girlfriends only when they are in the passenger seat of cars belonging or being driven by their boyfriends, causing them only to be able to look left, no matter how boring the scenery is. Caused by something the boyfriends did or did not do, the syndrome will only disappear after being coaxed succesfully. Syndrome can last as long as it takes.

ps. note to boys - dont ask her whether the scenery is nice.

Usage Sample: Wei see the couple there? look left syndrome!

Usage Note: only funny to her when it isnt her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! yes, yes! i've been a victim before!!!!! sometimes, there'll be some conversation while she looks left:-

me: err... did i do something wrong?

gf: wat do you think?
(classic answer-a-question-wif-another-question tactic)

me: err... i think so...

gf: you think so?????? hhmmph!

me: err... wat did i do??

gf: if you dun know wat you did then forget it.

me: err... ok. let's forget it???

gf: YOU WISH!!!!! you r gonna wriggle yourself out of it?

me: no, no, no!!!! (just avoided hitting a car and a cat).

gf: u r not even gonna say sori???

me: no. i mean yes. i'm sori!

gf: not counted.

me: wha...??? why?

gf: not sincere.

me: but i am sincere!!!!!

gf: then u are sori for wat?

me: erm... i... ok, watever it is, i'm sorry.

gf: how can u be sori if u dun know wat you did?

me: how do i know wat i did if you dun tell me???? (bites himself on his lips upon hearing how that came out the wrong way)

gf: if you care for me, u'd know (the classic make them suffer in guilt tactic)

me: but i do care for you....

gf: then how can you not know wat you did?

me: look, please, pleeease just tell me wat is it i did???

gf: you think i'm gonna let you get away that easily????

me: then wat do you want me to do?

gf: you cant figure that out yrself? i'm not gonna tell you.

me why can't you just tell me?????

gf: look, forget about it.

me: no...

gf: JUST forget about it!!!!!

me: fine!

gf: fine!

gf continues to look left.

5 minutes later:-

gf: you r actually gonna forget about it????

i start looking for the nearest suicide booth...

p/s - sori bout the looong comment.

jess said...

hahaha classic! and you know.. its always always the guy never know what he's done, or didnt do.. gosh! these days (or rather by that i mean in the future) im just going to tell him instead of making him guess.. plus the left side of my neck will hurt too much..