Saturday, February 18, 2006

tAkiNG thE tRaSh oUT!

Human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them… life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

dear jess,

Anger makes me progress. Yes, others get into gang fights and road rage. I? progress only with strong emotions. Fortunately and unfortunately. Today. Today was the final straw. I hope.

One thing sparks another. Its time to throw all the trash out of my life. Or at least attempt to. The bad habits, the inferiority complex, the excuses and most importantly the people I’ve been patient with for far too long, the ones that prioritize movies and hommies above my company.


As I sat there and listened to him tell me stories of how his experiences with directors, actors, scripts and the lot, my life went into flashback mode of a time when I was there and yet wasn’t. A time when I wanted to tell others the same stories but I didn’t. the times when I should’ve spoken out, but didn’t.

The greg’s, john’s and adam’s in my life have got to go. My security, my space, my cling’s of what coincidently have been given male names.

Anyone’s got a big bag to spare?

yours sneezing,

jess


No comments: